Thursday, December 27, 2012

Counting Down to 2013

I have not been updating as much as I like, but these days, it's been really... calm. Nothing out of the ordinary, and I can't possibly be gushing in every post about how B's been kicking. I'm really just enjoying the pregnancy as much as I can, and enjoying bonding with him.

As with our yearly traditions, we had Xmas dinner at my sis'. Her ability to cook for 20 people is amazing.



And as for us, we always have our little "family tradition" on Christmas. Just DH and I, with some home cooked food. Previous years, it's always roast chicken, this year I decided to try something else. One of my favourite dish, duck confit. I did the cheat version, only letting the duck marinate for 24 hours and then cooking it for 3 hours. The original duck confit I believe takes 2-3 days to make.


A few more days left to relax at home, knit and come up with dinner menus. Come next Wednesday, I'll be back at work with no more excuse that our team had a great year in 2012. All good results will be wiped clean and we have to start all over again. But on a high note, 2013 IS going to be a great year with baby on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment