Thursday, January 10, 2013

Controversy Surrounding Public Transports

I count my blessings that I do not rely on public transports heavily. I take the train occasionally from my office to DH's and its only 3-4 stations away. One of the reasons why I dislike taking the buses or trains is you witness ugly acts of humans, from rushing in before allowing passengers to alight, to taking up spaces for their personal belongings, not giving up seats to the elderly or pregnant women. With the recent frequent train breakdowns, I think that makes the travelers an unhappy bunch. Next time you're on a train, pay attention to the commuters, they all look so sulky and grouchy!

I did, however, had 2 lovely experiences this week of people giving up their seats for me. The first came from a young Indian lady, she doesn't look local. The moment she saw me, she stood up immediately and gave up her seat. I was touched. The second day, a frail looking old lady in her 60s I presumed called out to me loudly and asked if I would like her seat. I was extremely grateful and since I was alighting 2 stops away, I graciously thanked her and explained I was getting off soon. Besides, I wouldn't have the heart to take a seat from the frail looking lady. Still felt touched. I guess like my friend put it, I'm finally looking pregnant.

We'll have a staycation this weekend, I hope the weather holds. According to the weatherman, there will be thunderstorm every day. Then Monday, we have the day off to go see little Bradley! Can't wait to see what he's up to again this time, hopefully we can ask Dr W to get a shot of his face. I'm sooooooo curious.


No comments:

Post a Comment