Friday, February 8, 2013

Side Track

I have so far been able to refrain from complaining talking about work here. One, I don't really see the need to do so, and two, I want to keep a happy disposition for my entire pregnancy. But today, I'm not sure what has gotten into me, maybe I'm extremely tired and sleepy, maybe it's a combination of factors at work that has finally got me down, I need to vent.

I haven't been happy with my job six months after I joined. It was a simple misfit and wrong expectation to the role. I stayed on because I do have a very supportive and understanding boss, and it is usually  a pleasure to work with him. I stayed on also because I don't believe in quitting after such a short period of time. Back then, my MD who has since left, was extremely supportive too, and gave me an opportunity to a greater responsibility, by managing a team of associates. I gave up an opportunity to go back to the hotels for that.

Now, at nearly two years with the company, I am so drained, tired and demotivated. I have no feelings at work. What used to anger/upset me now is just being brushed off by me. You might say that's good, no? But it's not me. It's not easy for me to give up so completely and not be bothered at all.

I dislike the way the sales team work here. Sometimes you can sense their desperation in the emails they write, I hate it. Completely unprofessional emails. What can you expect when the average age of the sales lead is between 30-35 and for most of them, it is their first job after graduation.

I have a backup plan, and I think that might just work fine. But for now, I can't wait for April to come sooner. To go on my 16 weeks of maternity leave, and to meet Baby B.

No comments:

Post a Comment