Thursday, September 12, 2013

Expect the Unexpected

There's no fancy way of saying this but a dear, dear friend has been diagnosed with breast cancer.

I have had in the past followed some cancer patients' blogs and it was rather emotional when one day you log in wanting to see if there has been any updates only to find out they have passed away. But them jotting down their experiences made me understand and learn more about cancer.

When C told me, I couldn't really processed it and I had to say I was quite bothered by it. But seeing her today, strong and like how she always was, happy-go-lucky, I feel slightly better.

She's in the second stage and cancer cells seem to be contained in her breast and not metastasized, but we will have more information after the surgery and biopsy of the cells.

Hope to have good news then.

No comments:

Post a Comment