Thursday, September 19, 2013

Happy Mid-Autumn Festival 中秋节


Bradley's very first Mid-Autumn Festival!
Noticed anything wrong with these pictures?

Yes, the sky is still bright. As silly as it may be, we took B down for a walk with his lantern (traditional paper lantern no less) at 6.45pm. He was sleepy on the way home and we tried our best to distract him. His bed time is usually between 7-830pm so we had no choice but to bring him down earlier. I wanted to take pictures for keepsake. Of course, he had no clue what's happening but seemed happy enough to "soak in" the atmosphere.

Separately, this morning when I was on the phone with a friend, B flipped (with help, he can only do a 3/4 flip, if you know what I mean) and next thing I know, he lifted his butt up like this and pushed himself forward a little.


I was amazed and told my friend I'll call her back as I needed to capture this on camera. It was hilarious seeing him do this. The thing with babies, they really grow so fast and change everyday. I remember Karen once told me, babies' seemingly settled down schedule is never settled. They change their "habits" often. One day they like this, another they don't. Some day they take long naps, other days catnaps. This is what's happening with B, but hey, both he and I are still trying our best at living in this complicated world and being a mother. Life's ain't easy on the baby too, he's got too much to take in everyday! Little wonder he's knocked out by 830pm everyday.

***

八月十五庆中秋。

大概有超过15年没提灯笼了吧。想想以往对提灯笼一点兴趣都没有。中秋节嘛,不就是吃月饼,每年都一样。

但今年可不一样,为人父母,可要教育下一代。我想为俊智拍下很多很多照片, 为他留下许多不一样的回忆。告诉他第一个中秋节是怎么度过的,第一个灯笼又是怎样。

先是中秋节, 再来就圣诞节,跨年, 农历新年。。。

宝贝,我要为你留下许多美好的回忆。让你在18年后勾起回忆,提醒你爸爸妈妈是有多么的珍惜你,疼爱你。

No comments:

Post a Comment