Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Taking a Step Backward to Look Ahead

Sometimes, answers or solutions to challenges or issues are right in front of you, and you don't realise. For a couple of weeks now since I've switched to pumping 6-hourly, I've been having difficulties waking up for my 11pm pump.

You see, by the time we get home and I get all the chores done, it's 9pm. I could either kill some time by watching tv or go to sleep and wake up at 11pm. I chose the latter and it usually isn't by choice. I'm so tired that the moment my head hits the pillow, I'm asleep. And it has proven to be extremely difficult for me to get up and I often oversleep and get up 30-60 minutes later. Then it made me really grouchy because not only do I have to struggle to get outta bed at 11ish, when I finally fall back to sleep, B wakes up for milk. For him, I don't have to struggle to get outta bed, at the slightest stir I'm up. But I'm pissed 'cause I didn't get much sleep. He usually wakes up once the entire night between 2-4am. And then, I'm up again by 5ish for the next pump.

DH is always ever willing to do the night feeds but sometimes I feel guilty because he has to work. So that sometimes leave me a very tired and angry person. But the simplest solution was right in front of me without me realising and DH pointed it out. I could pump between 10-11pm and while waiting, I can work on my blog instead of lying on bed playing with my phone. I mean, why didn't I think of it?  I've always wanted to try and blog more, so this was a good idea.

So here I am, typing on the post, eyes getting droopy, vision getting blurred, yawning away, wondering "how long can I last?". Not too fast I hope.

On a separate note, I took B out again today to have lunch with Viv at Paragon. It wasn't my first time taking him out alone or with the pram, but definitely first time with the pram and taking taxi. I wasn't confident I can manage but turns out I did. Really liking this newfound confidence and am making plans with different friends so that B and I are out at least once a week.



No comments:

Post a Comment