Monday, December 12, 2011

Distractions

In my terrible attempts to distract myself from this cycle of 2ww - which for the record, I have no idea how many dpo I'm at right now - I've been searching for recipes online and trying them out. On some Sundays, I get up and feel like scrambled eggs. On others, I just want a hot bowl of fishball noodles. This last Sunday, I woke up feeling like eggs benedict but with no prior reservations, I didn't want to queue for an hour to get a table. So I sent DH out to get some eggs, muffins, ham and bacon.



Looking back, it took me more than an hour to prepare the dish, which would have been about the same waiting time if we'd gone out for brunch. 

For dinner, I prepared a roast chicken using Jamie Olivier's recipe. So easy but so delicious.



Not much work needed but chopping the vegs, rubbing the bird with salt and pepper and drizzling it with olive oil. Oh yes, what made a huge difference was the stabbed lemon and a bunch of rosemary and thyme that was stuffed into its cavity. We had half the chicken, and the remaining half we brought to work for lunch.




1 comment:

  1. You are on the roll, welcome back to cooking! You always seem to make them look so good! Recipe pretty pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...:)

    ReplyDelete