Friday, September 28, 2012

Reaching for the Medicine Cabinet.. Not

Many things in life we take for granted. The simple act of popping a pill from your medicine cabinet is one such thing. Every time I feel a cold coming, I pop a Panadol cold or the flu medicine from my last visit to the doctor. And after 3 pills, you usually feel better.

Now with baby, many medicine are out of bounds. I caught a virus that was going around in the office. Blame it on the co-worker behind me - sniffing and coughing for the last couple of weeks.   It started off as a sore throat, and eventually I couldn't stop sneezing. Worried that the bug might affect baby, I went to the doctor hopefully for some quick relief.

But, doctor said, this is the time where you want to limit medicine intake if possible. So she only  gave me a gargle for my sore throat, and some tablets for my runny nose, with instructions to only take half a pill (of the already tiny pill) when I really can't take the congestion anymore.

Now you tell me, with instructions like that, would I want to risk taking the medicine? Obviously I tried as hard as possible to avoid, and took 1.5 days off work just to sleep the bug off.

My throat is better, thanks to saltwater gargle and Manuka honey. My nose however, feels like its reacting to an allergy. But we'll be fine.

The good thing coming out of this? DH agreed to sleep without the aircon. It was so cozy.

Ahhh.. the simple things in life.


No comments:

Post a Comment