Tuesday, September 4, 2012

When Life Throws You Lemon...

When DH and I got married in 2006, we made it clear that we want no kids. Just the two of us.

One day, AF came late and we panicked. But no, we weren't pregnant. We thought we should be relieved, but it turned out we were extremely disappointed. I felt like I lost something that I didn't even had in the first place. That was the first time we thought, "hey, maybe we do want kids".

Fast forward a few years later, I've completed my 3-year course, I've changed jobs and settled into a new one. Last August, we decided to start trying.

You would have thought trying means to use no contraception/protection. No, there's a small window when you are fertile. Even if you meet that window, it doesn't guarantee a pregnancy.

Given, we weren't doing it as often as we needed to. I wasn't sure when my ovulation will take place. It was a give-and-take kinda thing. I got frustrated after 6 months, and decided not to try anymore. We took a 3-month break.

Suddenly, a dear friend got pregnant, someone at work recommended a TCM practitioner to me, I changed my mindset and outlook of life and what I want to achieve, said friend's pregnancy failed, another friend got pregnant, I got angry.

All these happened in less than 2 months.

But I've always believe things happen for a reason, as cliche as it may sound. With a clear and stable mind, I'm probably mentally ready.

That said, I'm pleased to share that LadyInWaiting is no longer waiting to get pregnant. She's waiting to the day she meets the little one in her.



Whilst I was a little hesitant in blogging about this, 'm only 6 weeks now, the incessant negativity in me is driving me nuts. I need a place to rant and get over my fear and wait patiently for my first prenatal appointment with the doctor.

This is, afterall, my journey to the bump.

1 comment: