Monday, January 28, 2013

Last Week of Second Trimester

Next week, both little B and I will graduate to the next level, the third and final trimester. That begins the countdown to 38-40 weeks. As the EDD draws closer, I feel more and more excited to meet the little one. Every time we walk past a little baby, DH and I unknowingly pay more attention and often find ourselves amused with their little actions and even tantrums. We're imagining how baby B will behave and for some strange reason, we picture him as a cheeky, mischievous boy. I guess that's the common perception people have of little boys isn't it?

I hope to get back into my swimming routine again. Well, it was never a routine to begin with, considering how I only swam once a week during the weekend, but it was at least some form of exercise during pregnancy. Once I hit my second trimester, it seems that the novelty of being pregnant wore off a little, and I got lazy. Now that I'm beginning to feel a little heavy, I'm worried about the weight gain and how I might shed those off later, I decided maybe I should do something about it.

With only three more months left to our club membership, and to be frank, it is quite a hassle for us to get to the club, we signed on as members of a local hotel where we get F&B discounts, room discounts and benefits as well as access to the gym and pool. We went there yesterday for breakfast and to use the pool. It was actually really nice, apart from the fact the nearby mall was undergoing construction, but it was a nice way to spend our Sunday morning.

As we move into the third trimester, the aches and pains are taking its toll. I've been having pain around my pelvic bone for almost a week now. I've read that it's fairly common and the pain is actually manageable. I feel that it improved after swimming yesterday, so maybe some form of exercise is good. The setback about this pain, it makes walking a little tough. DH commented that I'm finally walking like a pregnant woman, which I hate. You know how some ladies move their body weight from left to right as they walk? Yah, I hate that. Thankfully, I only do that for the first few steps after sitting or laying down for too long. Once the joints are "seasoned", I walk normally. I hope.

A lot to look forward in the coming weeks, Chinese New Year is round the corner. We've done our annual CNY shopping at chinatown already, house is decorated, now we wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment