Monday, February 18, 2013

30 Weeks!

So this is it, we've come so far, and really there's only about 7-10 more weeks to full term. I'm feeling the stress and anxiety now. As DH and I keep talking about how soon Baby B will come into our lives, my anxiety level shoots up higher. I'm scared!! Not knowing what to expect when labour comes. On the plus side, I'm really looking forward to the start of my maternity leave, 7 more weeks. I hope B stays in a little longer, so I can have a bit of a break, prepping the house and myself mentally. We'll see :)

I made pandan cake over the weekend. Been meaning to make it for the longest time, but a little lazy as the recipe called for the extraction of pandan juice from the leaves. It sounded like a painful and tedious process, which for the record, is a painful and tedious process. But I woke up on Sunday feeling up to the task and went to the market to get the pandan leaves. Thank god for DH, otherwise, I don't think I'll have the strength and energy to squeeze the juice out. The end results? Fragrant, fluffy pandan chiffon cake. I'm definitely doing it again with the leftover pandan leaves for the dinner party we're hosting this Saturday.


My friends are coming over this Saturday for dinner, and I'm thinking this could be the last party we host before B comes into the picture. Our lives really is gonna change dramatically afterwards right? :)

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it will. But nothing is so precious to cradle your own baby. I miss those moments. :)

    ReplyDelete