Wednesday, February 20, 2013

What I Love About Being Pregnant

There are so many things I love about being pregnant, but as with everything in life, there must be a balance - things I can't stand that comes with pregnancy.

LOVE

  1. There's a life in me! I'm carrying the fruit of our love. 
  2. The compliments I'm receiving about "glowing" - for once I'm not being asked or told "you look tired"
  3. Carrying a baby bump is like carrying a  medal that says "champion". I love it.
  4. Better complexion, better hair condition
  5. I don't have the typical pregnancy symptoms and no food cravings! Although I secretly wished I did just to experience how it feels like. But I guess it's for the better, not too much weight gain
  6. Baby's movements. It's happening more frequently these days and I've been told that once baby is born, I'll miss it. I'm sure I will
  7. Discussing with DH what/how baby will be like - how he's going to look like when we dress him up in a certain way, what kind of personality he'll have, how he's going to irritate the hell out of us, imagining the life we planned for him.
  8. People give up their seats for you when you're on the train!
  9. A little more TLC from my colleagues and sometimes even strangers.
  10. DH constantly in the "fatherly" and "man-of-the-house" mode. He has this strong desire to make sure I'm not in any form of jeopardy
  11. Talking about babies, pregnancies with other women who have gone through this amazing experience
  12. Decorating the nursery and seeing how a plain, boring guestroom transformed into a baby boy's room
  13. The excitement and anxiety of welcoming a new member to the family. Can't wait!
CAN DO WITHOUT, PLEASE, THANK YOU
  1. My infection!! I'm prone to yeast infection pre-pregnancy and it has gotten worst. The fact that not much can be done to prevent it as it's caused by the pregnancy hormones is making it quite uncomfortable. I hate to rely on pantyliners and the on-and-off itch drives me nuts. Thankfully it's only happening towards the end of the pregnancy and I'm going to ask Dr W for some form of relief when I see her later this week
  2. Backaches - again, I had them pre-pregnancy and obviously it has gotten worst since I can't go for regular massages. I've been telling DH - after my confinement, I'm going to try and book myself a Thai massage and have the therapist crack all my bones.... ahhhhhhh
  3. Waking up in the middle of the night to pee.
  4. I miss coffee... never been a huge fan of local coffee but recently I've been craving kopi-si kosong. I've had one cup last week and I made sure I finished the last drop. It was my first cup of coffee since pregnancy. I think I did well. The decaf cappuccino I had during our staycation just didn't taste the same
  5. Alcohol - I miss having a glass of wine or champagne after a hard day at work. 
  6. Blurry eyesight - this is something that only started last week. I read that it's common in pregnancy too. Again, thankfully I'm at the last leg of the pregnancy already. Otherwise it can be quite annoying since my job is deskbound and I stare at the computer all day.
  7. Oh how I miss being able to roll on my bed and lie on my tummy! 

At the end of the day, whatever aches and pains that I experienced, I know for sure it's all going to be so worth it when I hold baby in my arms.


No comments:

Post a Comment