Monday, February 25, 2013

Chubby Bradley

I had my glucose tolerance test done last Friday. Dr W ordered this test as I have a family history of diabetes and she wanted to play safe. My test was 830am in the morning and I had to fast from midnight. The lab took my blood and made me drink an extremely sweet orange soda. I was then to return 2 hours later for them to take another vial of blood to see how well my body respond to the glucose. The results were out in an hour and we were back in Dr W's office for the verdict.

Thankfully, I do not have gestational diabetes. I'm pretty thankful for my somewhat healthy body considering how much harm I've done to it over the years from smoking and drinking. Thank you, body. I'll be sure to take better care of you moving on.

I brought up the issue of my occasional itch and she prescribed a cream for me to apply whenever necessary, so happy with it. All I need to do is apply it before I go to sleep at night and so far, my problem has vanished *touchwood*.

And then to the more exciting part, seeing Bradley. Dr said Bradley's head is down already, and showed us his face, and went, "this is baby's front view, you can see his face and his chubby cheeks". DH and I were beaming just like any proud parents would. Our chubby little Bradley. We also witnessed his breathing motions, although Dr said he's breathing in the fluid now, but it was cute to see his face went up and down with each breathing motion. Then we saw him "protesting". He was moving one hand up and down, as though part of some revolution and protest, and then opening and closing his fist.

Here's a shot of the chub.


Can you make out his face? You might need to tilt your head to the right :)

I was also quite happy with my weight gain and control. Over the last 5 weeks, I've put on 1.5kg and this pregnancy to date, 5.5kg. Bradley weighs about 1.67kg now, so I think we're on track.

Moving on, the appointments with Dr W will be every 2 weeks instead of 4, and we've made the deposit for the delivery fees/hospital. I still have quite a lot to do before baby arrives, need more time!



No comments:

Post a Comment