Monday, March 11, 2013

33 Weeks

What we've done/accomplished over the last weekend:


  • Did a maternity photoshoot with Next Studio. I'll recommend them to anyone who's interested for 2 simple reasons: they are young and fun, puts you at ease and the more practical reason, their charges are one of the most reasonable in the market I think. Photos should be ready in 1-2 weeks, can't wait! Also maybe because the photographer complimented me on how well I maintained the look of my belly. Haha... didn't feel the need to let him know that stretch marks are genetic, nothing I can do to prevent it really. But they have showed up last week, showed up at the very end of the pregnancy!! Dear god.. why? Well, the good news is I'm at the final leg already, and they are right at the bottom of my belly, so easily covered up by my underwear. Bummer.

  • Stopped by my friend Karen's place to pick up some of the items she very kindly pass down for me to use. Important things like breast pumps, baby carrier, cot bumper.. I'm so thankful for all these hand-me-downs. Spent some time playing with her daughter who just turned 1 and is such a sweetheart. Babies at this age are sooooooo adorable. On a side note, breast pump is so interesting. I tested it out just for fun - it was indeed funny.

  • Massage - very badly needed. I took a power nap before the masseur came over and was drifting in and out of sleep during the massage. She commented that my tummy is much  bigger since she last saw me. 

  • Last minute shopping and packing of hospital bag! We started packing the hospital bag first, so we know what are the items we still need to buy. Turns out I have pretty much every thing except for nitty gritty stuff like toiletries for use at hospital, maternity pads, diapers. So off we went to get these items and we're done! Well maybe except for diapers. I think we still have some time for that, am contemplating if I should get them online or just get from the stores. Regardless, I'm not going to stock up too much in case a certain brand ain't suitable. I also bought a diaper bag! I always imagined I'd buy a fairly expensive/branded bag, but this was love at first sight. It was on display at one of those push carts and the size seems good for storing diapers, milk powder, baby clothes etc. And it was a steal at only $38 as opposed to what I'd have spent if I stepped into one of those boutiques. *self pat on shoulder*

  • Not sure if this is due to the nesting instinct, but I started washing some items bit by bit. It started because I wanted to pack a set of clothes for the hospital bag for baby to wear upon discharge - so I figured I might as well wash some of the other items as well. I did the socks, mittens, hat, swaddles, the baby carrier which Karen passed to me and a blanket. I got all emotional when I was hanging these stuff up, how small can they get?!

Oh, and of course, the highlight of last week was our time at Dr W's clinic. It was one of the most interesting scans we did to date, because Bradley showed us all the tricks he was capable of. He started hiccuping the moment we began our scan, and we saw those hiccups on the screen, so cute! And then Dr W said he had his eyes opened, and at some point, he turned his face and it was SOOOOO clear. Then he was playing with his foot and tugging it with one hand, and then he was yawning, and then he stretched his neck, boy was he busy! We had so much fun observing him and I think Dr W found it amusing too.

She then gave me the admission letter (OMG!), asked about my birth plan, briefed me on when to admit to the delivery ward... some options of pain relief... everything just happened so quickly. It was only yesterday I went into her office to confirm the pregnancy and now we're talking about birth plans already? Anyhoo, I think I'm ready. I'm ready to welcome baby Bradley to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment