Monday, June 17, 2013

A Tribute to the Most Important Man in My Life

To the most amazing man who ever existed:

While many others might beg to differ, as to each his own, you ARE my most amazing man and every day I count my blessings to have you in my life.

I keep commenting Bradley takes after you in terms of his impatience, no doubt I think there is an element of truth there, but somehow, you've been the most patient guy to me.

I am an untidy freak, since young and you have been silently, patiently cleaning up after my mess, all these years. I do notice it and never thank you enough. Whose husband does all the laundry and cleaning of the house? Mine does.

Always tolerating my nonsense and horrid temper. No one needs to tell me, I have a bad temper. Something I hope B doesn't take after. While most time you don't take my shit from me, you always end up being the first to give in or apologise even when you don't think it's your fault. Thank you for that. Have I told you lately I love you?

Our relationship apart, thank you for giving me the best gift ever - our beautiful lovely son. It never really occurred to me how tough it is to be a parent. But I'm amazed with how much love I can have. The love for both my husband and son. Thank you for letting me feel love.

When I see you with B, my heart warms and my tears automatically swell. It's the most beautiful scene ever, and its my favourite image of you - you carrying B in your arms, smiling at him, telling him stories. You might not know, but it is picture perfect.

This Fathers Day I didn't manage to get you anything, the high tea was ridiculous. A lousy attempt to make me feel better, I'll make it up to you someday. But meanwhile, I hope this lets you know how much I love and appreciate you. Thanks for being my hubby and the father to my son.

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment