Saturday, August 31, 2013

Pre-Baby, Post-Baby

If there is one thing I miss about pre-baby period, is the freedom and mobility to do things, freely. For example, pedicures. I used to get a pedicure done every 3-4 weeks but now, my toes look horrendous and I have to arrange with my mum a day so she can babysit B while I head out. Troublesome.

Massages. I have a package with about at least 5 sessions left. My body is screaming for one, but again, Ms Procrastinator "can't find time" to make an appointment or decide on when.

The matter of fact is, I feel guilty having my mum babysit B while I go get myself pampered. If its for important matters like going to the doctor, to the bank or other official matters, I do it without batting an eyelid. But massages, pedicures, these are luxuries. I'm sure mum won't mind, but I'm not sure iI can enjoy thinking mum is taking care of B while I'm relaxing. She has enough on her plate.

Couple time with DH. It's like he's here with me yet not here with me. Cryptic? He's 100% involved in caring for B, waking for night feeds, changing his diapers, playing with him etc etc...and whilst we do this together, its not the same. There were 2 ocassions we went out without B. When my ex-colleagues gave me a farewell party and when we visited a friend who had given birth. Both times it felt weird. We embraced it but couldn't wait to go back to B.

Now it sounds like having a child pretty much means loss of freedom to a certain extent. I guess there is an element of truth in that, but, there's nothing I wouldn't give just to have B in our lives. And for that, I'm willing to go through the pains of labour over and over, and over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment