Friday, August 30, 2013

Random Thoughts

It has been at least 3 months since I last blogged proper from a computer. Here I am, sitting in front of a laptop at 6.54am on a Friday morning, having accomplished much.

B woke at 4ish for milk, I had finished pumping by 6, showered, cleaned some of the kitchen equiment, and now, sitting here enjoying a cuppa before B wakes. DH took the day off today to "spend time with his family". It is so utterly sweet seeing him with B and I can certainly understand why he sees the need to. We leave home around 7am in the morning and usually not home till 6-7pm in the evening. B's bed time, at the very latest, is 8pm. DH doesn't get much time with him at all par the weekends. At least one of us gets to spend quality time with our boy.

Would you understand if I said there's so many things happening in my life now, yet there's nothing to update? I guess I'm kept busy with caring for B - everyday is the same yet different. Everyday there's something new in our routine,makes sense? Whilst your body gets accustomed to the lack of sleep, physically, it wears you down. My body definitely feels older - my bones are stiff, back is breaking and am in such a need for a good Thai massage. Note to self: get one SOON.

Random thoughts:

1. I really want to blog more, and of course, on more interesting topics like perhaps baby's development, food, health and wellbeing etc. If I can have 30-60 minutes a day in front of a laptop, I would really try to be more disciplined. But really, the first thing I need to do is to get a new lappy - the key here is for it to be really lightweight so that I can carry it around. Knowing the procrastinator in me, I'll probably take forever. I've been meaning to call up the banks to cancel a couple of credit cards and have not done so. Why oh why, queen of procrastinator?

2. Cooking. Not much difference these days compared to pre-baby. We used to cook only during the weekends, pretty much the same now too. I would want to cook more, if only I'm not so tired everyday. I'm a piece of deadmeat by 8pm every day.

3. I've become more confident in taking B out alone to meet friends, the next thing I want to accomplish is to take him in the car, which is proving to be extremely challenging because he refused to stay in the car seat for long. All in good time I hope. If this works, I probably don't have to go over to my mum's so early everyday. I can bathe B at home, feed him and probably even wait till he has his first nap before heading over. This way, it cuts back on a lot of ferrying items to and fro, carrying his clothes, bottles, pump parts etc.

4. Starting this month, DH is giving me allowance and the cash for groceries and B's neccessities like diapers. It will be a change to what I'm used to every month, but I want to make this my personal challenge to spend within our means and have access to keep.

5. Do I really have a baby?!

Bliss. :)

1 comment:

  1. I think it's very common when babies are first put in their car seats. When you take them out everytime they cry, they know they've got a hand above you.
    The first time baby K had to be strapped in, she cried all the way almost throughout the journey but we were adamant. Safety cannot be compromise.
    She still fusses once in a while in the car seat but we make it known to her that regardless, she will still need to be strapped in.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete