Friday, October 4, 2013

It's The Time of the Month Again

Bradley's monthly jab, that is.

Seriously, as he grows older, it gets harder and harder for me each time we visit his pd. It's true I can't wait for each visit, because I have so much questions to ask the doctor and to seek some assurance that my boy is doing ok, but I always leave home with a heavy heart because it pains me each time he cries. Granted, I always underestimate what a strong boy he is, but could you blame me? He is, afterall a baby!

Anyhoo, I took B for the appointment alone today as it was originally set for tomorrow but the doctor has something on so clinic won't be open. DH has meetings today, so why not I just take him alone since the clinic is just across the road. B had his second dose of pneumococcal jab, which is a vaccine against some of the worst childhood disease such as ear infections and meningitis. He hasn't put on much weight nor grown much taller - weighing 7.88kg as opposed to last month's 7.4kg, and standing at 69cm. Dr said after the 3rd month, babies tend to slow down in the growth and more so after 6 months, so there's nothing to worry about. He suggested we start solids for B since he's 5 months now and then spent some time to go through with me what are some of the first foods to start and how to go about it. What i like about B's pd is his patience and pleasant demeanour that make me feel really comfortable... you know, somehow I trust him with my child. So..... next Sunday we'll let B have his first bite... erm.. taste of food. DH and I are extremely excited!

I've prepared the following weaning set:

1. Bibs

Wonder bibs! Ever since I saw Melissa's Connor wore it, I fell in love. It is so chic, but unfortunately comes with a price. So I went on Qoo10 and got some and managed to get a couple from the Rise & Shine fair that was 1-for-1.

2. Spoons/bowls

I had some Robinsons vouchers and decided to use the balance on these. A good tip I picked up is to get soft tips spoons so that it won't hurt your baby's gums and as for the bowls, get those with a lid so that you can store it in the fridge or bring it out.

3. High chair


I really just want the Ikea's basic high chair, I think it's good enough but unfortunately when we went to Ikea last week, we couldn't find it. They were renovating the kids section at Tampines and we couldn't be bothered to ask as I had intention to check out the baby fair. I eventually skipped it as I heard how terrible the queues and crowd were.

Anything else I need? Do share!






1 comment:

  1. Ikea's high chair, the one you show here, is really good enough. Talking about which, I do have one to let go but it's not Ikea. Let me know if you're keen. :)

    ReplyDelete