Thursday, October 31, 2013

New Routine (Again)

The recent lack of updates and blog posts signifies my newish routine. I have since dropped another pump session and am now doing three pumps a day. My last pump is around 8ish at night and I usually go to bed right after the washing and stuff. This means I get to enjoy at least 2 more hours of sleep everyday. Yay! 

If you have been following my blog, you might have realised I'm somewhat anal when it comes to milk supply. Afterall I did go through a fair bit to bring them up. So for me to see supply dwindling and falling daily and accepting it is a huge thing. In the beginning, I was still contemplating if I should get started back on fenugreek again to bring it up but I reminded myself of my 6-mo goal and if I were gonna continue adding pressure to myself whenever supply drops, I'll probably bf him till what, 1-2yr? Ridiculous. It's time to let go. So once I had my mind set, being at peace with myself, I began to appreciate the "freedom" of one pump session less, and was even on the verge of stopping almost immediately. My current daily yield is still more than enough for B's consumption (a different story later) and I wanted to wait till his next pd visit to get a recommendation on the formula to introduce. Once we see the pd, I will start to intro fm to him starting from the midnight feed, then move on to a combi of ebm and fm and then eventually wean him off. It's a lot of emotions but I'm kinda over this whole bfg thing.

Now moving on to B's milk intake.. Omg I think he's probably teething. He's been rather cranky of late esp after he falls asleep at night. He will stir many times, wake up crying for his bickie, when you give it to him he sometimes refuses it. But when it's not in his mouth he cries for it. He's also flipping a lot in his sleep which is frustrating for him coz he can't flip back on demand. Yesterday he had a milk strike, he only drank 60ml each feed. Thankfully the last 2 feeds he finished everything. So far so good today, his appetite seems to be back. I hope the poor boy gets over this without any further discomfort. And if he indeed is teething, we are so looking forward to that first mini tooth popping out!


1 comment:

  1. The whole breadfeeding thing is a emotional roller coaster. When you think 'Great, I'm gonna stop!', you face another set of emotions of 'losing' what only a mother can provide. Well, you did well and kudos! So I guess I don't need to get them milk bags from Boots when I go Bangkok already?
    As for teething, if it's causing Bradley obvious discomfort, do get a tube of teething gel from the pharmacy. It helps!

    ReplyDelete