Monday, December 16, 2013

Busy As A Bee

I had a busy week last week with DH traveling and only back for the weekend and now strutted off to Jakarta back tomorrow night.

B and I have our own little routine when daddy's not home, but like me, B is always happy to welcome daddy back. To the extent I think daddy is now his favourite person. His eyes lit up when he sees daddy and he kicks in excitement. Sadly, he also sleeps worse during the night when dad is around. It's true, whenever DH Is around, B doesn't sleep through and fusses a lot. But when it's just us two, the night breezes by. I came to the conclusion that he associates Dad with play and Mum with food and sleep. Because when he fusses at night, whatever daddy does it futile. But when mum takes over, he quietens. Sighs. So daddy gets the good, fun job of playing while mum has to do the "dirty" job of waking in the middle of the night. Cest la vie.

At 7.5 months, B is keeping me real busy. He crawls whenever he gets the chance, flips whenever we put him down and whines whenever he's unhappy. He loves meal times, thank goodness. What was once a challenge of feeding him his dinner is now gone. Besides his 2 meals, I've incorporated snacks of various fruits and veg purée in between his meals and milk. I don't think he's ready to increase the milk intake yet but that's fine.

As for me, I think I'm coping ok. I have ventured further with him - driving to town and expo instead of just home and my mums. B seems to get that there's no point grumbling, he's stuck in the car seat as long as we are in the car.  He has even on a few occasions fell asleep on his own in it. 

Watching him grow daily is a privilege. Seeing him learn new tricks is priceless. Oh what wouldn't I give?

No comments:

Post a Comment