Thursday, August 14, 2014

Things That Got Me Emotional This Morning

Since B started walking, things have changed. But there's one change that got me rather emotional - brushing his teeth.

When he was about 3 months old, I started using a finger brush to clean his gums, really hoping to start his oral hygiene young. Then when he had 4 teeth, I changed to a bristle brush with a fluoride free toothpaste. Every day, we brush his teeth while he's having his shower, twice a day. But this has since changed. Now, we let him stand on the ikea stool in front of the sink, brush his teeth and clean his face when he wakes in the morning. This simple act, brings about an overwhelming - it signifies my baby has grown.

Him going to nap on his own made me happier. B and I had come a long way with his sleeping/napping schedule. I guess hanging on was worth it.


1 comment:

  1. Awhhh...Psst...I only brush K's teeth every evening...Oops...
    Well, all that getting into the schedule thing makes life a lot easier and baby knows what to expect and when.

    ReplyDelete