Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Finally... We've Past 12 Weeks

Some sources say you're in your second trimester once you past week 12, ie week 13 onwards. Others say second trimester begins in week 14. I say, who cares as long as we've past the first 12 weeks, traditionally the most difficult and vulnerable period? Congrats my little baby, you've come so far.

Looking back, I have been blessed with a smooth first trimester. I sure hope I don't jinx it  by saying this out loud, but I didn't have the "usual symptoms", i.e morning sickness, sore breasts, extreme fatigue. It was to such an extent I worried if everything was going ok, and if I was really pregnant. Dr W said it depends on individual, and each pregnancy differs. I guess I can have a very smooth pregnancy now and feels like shit with my second.

Between week 6 and 8 was the worst I guess, nausea occurs every day almost around the same period - after lunch to before dinner. But it was manageable, no actual vomitting, just nausea. By the time I past week 8, it was the occasion nausea which I think was triggered by hunger or low blood sugar.

Now, at 13 weeks, I'm waking up lesser in the middle of the night to pee, I feel normal and I'm showing! Well.... not really. It's a very small bump which looks more like I over ate at meal times.  However, I have been observing baby bumps versus well, spare tyres. With the latter, it looks flabby and wobbles when you're walking. With baby bumps, they are firmer. Or maybe that's how I like to think.

Two more weeks to next gynae visit... and we will know the gender, hopefully!

1 comment:

  1. Already thinking of what the 2nd pregnancy might be like? Wahhh....enjoy your first one first! Lol...

    ReplyDelete