Friday, October 12, 2012

Second Precious Meeting

After four weeks of agonizing wait, we finally saw our baby on the screen again yesterday. It is simply amazing to see how our baby has come so far, from a little broad bean the size of 1.4cm to a human baby shape of 5.2cm.

When we went for the first scan, I couldn't even make out its shape. All I wanted was to ensure there was a heartbeat. It looked like a bean! But yesterday, my goodness, the baby's shape is formed. We can see the head, the hands and the legs!!

What the sonographer was looking out for is the measurement of the area below the neck where the collection of fluid under the skin is. At our first attempt at 9am in the morning, baby must still be sound asleep, for s/he was all curled up and refused to move! Despite our efforts to wake it by turning my body, coughing and rubbing my belly harder, baby refused to move! S/he was just too comfortable sleeping. After 10 minutes of trying, sonographer suggested I go for a walk, see my gynae and come back later. So off we went with tears of joy in my eyes, DH and I couldn't stop grinning. Baby was soooo adorable. All curled up, just like how mummy likes to sleep!! And when mummy sleeps, mummy can't be disturbed.

An hour later, after seeing Dr W, we went back again in high spirits. I don't mind if I have to spend the whole day at the lab, because I can never get tired of seeing baby on the screen. But this time round, baby was cooperative. Not only was s/he stretched out in such a position that makes measurement easy, s/he was active. Kept moving around and bouncing!!! BOUNCING! *cue tears again*

I was in a mess, with tears and laughter. We saw the little hands and feet, the heartbeat, the nose, the brain. Oh baby, the joy you bring to our lives. DH and I just can't stop thinking about it and he complained he's gonna be in trouble if baby has sleeping habits like mummy.

Oh time, please pass faster so I can see our little one again in yet another four long weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Tell KK he WILL be thankful if baby continues sleeping like that through her infancy....LOL

    ReplyDelete