Monday, November 12, 2012

It's Pink, It's Blue, It's Pink, It's Blue, It's.....

Last Friday, we woke up feeling extremely excited and happy. Because we were going to Dr W's for the 16 weeks scan. Also, we were hoping to be able to find out baby's gender.

Dr W's clinic was quiet that morning, she had a surgery in the afternoon and we didn't have to wait long before our turn. During the wait, I got a text from my sisters who were on holiday in the States asking if we found out about the gender. They were at Baby Gosh outlet and wanting to start buying baby's clothes. It didn't help with them sending me pictures of adorable onesies with taglines like "Daddy and I Agree Mommy is the Boss". I told them to give me 20 minutes and I'll give them the update, provided baby cooperates.

It was always a pleasure to see Dr W - she's so smiley, cheerful and happy! She asked how I felt, and I went "nervous!". She instantly put me at ease by saying, "ok then, let's go and see if we can find out the baby's gender".

It so happened she had a new ultrasound machine in that day, and the sonographer was there to help her. So she took her time with me, I've no complaints! I saw baby from various angles, enjoying while they chatted away on the various functions of the machine. Then Dr W said, "can you see anything?". In that instant, I saw it. And I shouted my question to Dr W, "it's a boy?!?!?!?!" and she laughed. I couldn't stopped laughing, not because we have been yearning for a boy (either didn't matter), but baby's little organ was soooo obvious and cute.

Now I know cute is not the right word to describe a penis, it most certainly isn't cute. But I am obsessed with my baby's! I asked Dr W if it's most certain a boy, and while she didn't want to give it a 100%, she gave it 90%, saying especially if the mummy can tell, it's quite definite. I guess we'll have to wait till the detailed scan to get a confirmed answer, but meanwhile, I'm already telling people I'm having a boy!

Thanks for being so cooperative, baby. I know the moment we saw your penis, you started to slowly close your legs. You must be thinking your job is done, you can go back to doing what you've been doing, and mummy won't bug you every day to open your legs. The incessant bugging must be driving you crazy.

Well now, the next thing I'd like to feel from you, it's not a demand, more like a request, is for me to feel your movements! But it's ok, take your time, I know it will come eventually.


No comments:

Post a Comment