Monday, November 26, 2012

Yet Another Milestone

Feeling baby's movements is a huge milestone. But having baby respond to you is even more amazing. Whilst there is a very high chance that I had imagined this, for now, I'd like to think it really did happen.

Yesterday morning, as I was propped up against the bed playing a game of Free Cells on my iPad, I thought of this random song and started singing. When I stopped singing, B kicked me. I'm like.. "oh hello, you're awake, did my singing wake you up?". Then I continued doing whatever I was doing, and sang another song. When that song ended, B kicked me again!

Could it be... is it even possible.. that maybe... B liked my singing? So I experimented. I sang a few phrases and I stopped. I sang and I stopped. Each time I stopped, B kicked me! At that moment, I knew our bonding has started. It was so touching that I cried, and DH was shocked when he came into the room. When I told him what happened, I know he didn't quite buy it totally, but still felt excited about it. Afterall, he felt baby's kick the night before.

It does sound a little unbelievable, but hey, I'm living my dreams now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment