Monday, December 3, 2012

19 Weeks Thoughts

As I enter 19 weeks, my emotions are overdriving, but they are mostly good. I feel so blessed every single day, and I feel loved most importantly. Loved by my hubby, family and friends.

Every time we climb up or down flights of stairs, DH will annoyingly stop in front of me and hold my hand. I say annoyingly because it makes me feel imbecile. I always tell him, "I'm pregnant, not handicapped". But deep down, I feel so loved and appreciative. Although he nearly tripped the other day and I said to him, "don't drag me along if you fall!".

My family, asking me all the time how I feel. Mum brewing tonics and birds nest, cooking my favourite dishes. Nieces curious about pregnancy cravings and baby bump. Colleagues offering to carry things for me. It's nice being the centre of attention, but my centre revolves around the little mango covered in cheese like substance, measuring about 14cm at this point in the pregnancy.

Everything B kicks me, no matter how hard or soft, how sudden it is, I feel love. Love for the little life in me. How is it possible I ask myself all the time. I'm surprised at the love that I'm capable of that is beyond what I'm familiar or used to. Each kick is a reminder that he's real and a reminder of how our lives will be so very different in about 4 months time. 4 months!!

I had a little scare last week, something that is kinda traumatizing to recount again but I'm glad to say it was a false alarm and all is good. B's doing great and growing well. I even got to see him and his acrobatic actions on the ultrasound. Dr W mentioned he's an active baby and I beamed with pride.

Baby bump wise, I'm still not that big which I'm totally fine with it now. I think I was worried at first if baby was growing ok, especially since my tummy certainly wasn't. But hey, maybe all those months spent at the gym doing crunches and ab exercises was worth it - it toned up my tummy muscles, right? Have a look.


On a separate note, I think we're done with buying baby clothes for B! My colleague who gave me some maternity wear packed 3 bags full of baby clothes that her son outgrew. Even cute little booties, shoes, caps, PJs, onesies. Bless.....


With these, and the ones that my sisters bought from US, AND a few I bought online with a friend who was consolidating orders, B has even clothings to last till he's 12 months I think! 


No comments:

Post a Comment