Monday, January 21, 2013

Prenatal Massage Bliss

I've always love massages, maybe because I have a chronic shoulder pain from an injury many years back, and of course the peril of a desk bound job. Since being pregnant, I've stopped all forms of massages, and my body has been screaming in pain. I did go about looking for prenatal massages, but many of those were either way over my budget or they seem too commercialized for my liking.

Again, from the April mummies group, they shared a deal about a complimentary trial prenatal massage. I had my trial on Saturday morning, and let me just say, it was AMAZING. The therapist was very nice and professional, no hard sell or unnecessary chatter during the massage, the organic oil they use smells so good. I was so relaxed that I went back to sleep after the massage. Bliss.

At 26 weeks now, I keep getting waves of emotions. I'm not sure if its the pregnancy hormones, or just me being me. This morning, as I walked to work and saw my reflection (belly is still relatively small btw), I can't help but feel all this is going to be over soon. I'm really enjoying every bit of the pregnancy (ok, maybe not the discharge or infection or itch), but carrying a baby really makes me feel complete. Coupled with his movements, I can't imagine being any happier, except perhaps when I get to hold him.

It's all coming together, isn't it?

1 comment:

  1. I’m surprised when I first heard about massage for pregnant women because I know that pregnancy is very delicate, and it might stress the baby more. But when I researched about it, I found out that it’s very helpful—it lowers anxiety, improves sleep, and most importantly, it enhances one’s mood. :) Anyway, I hope you have a safe pregnancy and delivery when you’re due.

    Gregg Mulherin

    ReplyDelete