Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Type A Personality... Or Not?

I don't think I am a Type A... but I seem to possess some typical characteristics of a Type A personality:


           Highly independent
           Take charge
           Decisive
           Direct
           Business-like
           Ambitious
           Efficient
           Motivated
           Persistent
           Focused
           Risk-taking
           Practical-solution oriented
           Dislike routine
           High achieving
           No nonsense
           Multi-tasking
           Dateline driven
           Change oriented

Weaknesses of Type A:

           Aggressive
           Controlling
           Too competitive
           Impatient
           Status conscious
           High strung
           Workaholic
           Insensitive
           Walk or talk at a rapid pace
           Easily upset over small things
           Blunt
           Rushed and time starved

Those that I've checked, are those I think I possessed. So while I don't think I'm a pure Type A, the anal part of me has got some elements of it. I'm definitely a control freak and with this impending birth of Bradley, I'm feeling so out of control as I don't know when he decides to say hello to the world. All I can do is to make sure that I'm well prepared for his arrival. But that said, no matter how prepared you think you are, you never really will be, don't you think?

An ex-colleague and I were chatting on Skype the other day, she asked me how far along I am and told me to start packing my hospital bag. Then she added immediately, "oh but knowing you, I'm sure your bags are packed already". Not sure if I should take it as a compliment or she thinks I'm kiasu by nature.

Anyway, besides packing the hospital bag, having the admission letter ready in my handbag daily, washing baby's clothes and the necessary laundry, sterilizing the milk bottles and pumps, what else is there?

I've also placed 2 old towels in our car, just in case of my waterbag leaking and the last I want DH to do is worry about cleaning the car up. Went and bought some night maxi pads and more disposable underwear to keep a set in my handbag in case, again, should my waterbag burst while I'm at work or out. This way, I don't have to make my way to the hospital with leaky bottom and wet undies. 

What else? What else? Help the control freak me in me feel more in control please.

No comments:

Post a Comment