Thursday, April 11, 2013

Hello Chubby Cheeks

At our check up yesterday, Dr W touched and prodded my belly and said "good, baby's head is engaged". I was impressed. How could she tell just by touching? DH and I have been touching B's unknown body parts from my belly for months and trying to guess if its the limbs or buttocks. Now that's why she can charge us whatever she charges for the prenatal visits and delivery.

Because B is engaged, it's harder to see his face, but one thing that's for sure, he does have chubby cheeks. A few visits back, Dr W showed us his hair, she said very short and minimal. So we thought he's going to be a botak baby. The botak image has been imprinted in our minds for the longest time and we thought botak boy can look quite cute too. During the scan, I asked if he's going to be a botak baby, Dr W's reaction was, "hmmm... he's going to be a chubby cheek baby. Let me try and find his hair". Turns out, he's got plenty of "seaweed". Because baby is surrounded by the amniotic fluid, hair in the fluid will look like its floating around like seaweed. According to Dr W, he's got a good amount of hair. Oh well, say goodbye to botak. (Note to self: shave baby botak at 4 months mark!! :D )

Then Dr went on to check my cervix - I now understand why all the mummies out there said its painful and uncomfortable. I couldn't imagine why it can be painful or uncomfortable, but now I know. But, the good news is, I'm already 1.5cm dilated! Now that can mean a lot of things but for one, labour is definitely on the way. For some people, they stay 1.5cm dilated for a few days or even a week, for others, they go into delivery within 24 hours. Well, clearly I'm not the latter as I'm still sitting in the office typing this out. I've been having a lot of Braxton Hicks but no signs of real contractions. We really don't know when it'll happen, but Dr W said definitely before the EDD, which is 27 April. She wants me to continue my activities and not sit at home and wait, I think that's a good idea. Except I've handed over most of my work and there's not much to do in the office now. Sitting in the office, walking around, chatting with people is probably better than sitting at home, watching horrible cable tv and waiting for signs I guess.

See you soon my love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment