Thursday, November 14, 2013

Latest PD Visit

And so we went for B's vaccine yesterday. Boy was the clinic crowded, probably backlog from his mc and his clinic closing for a week starting Friday. We waited about 30 minutes or slightly more for our turn and glad B didn't lose his patience. He just sat on my lap and happily sucking his fingers away.

B is now 8.4kg and 70cm. According to dr and some of my mummy friends, he's a tall boy. As for his milk intake, I'm no longer concerned he's only drinking 140ml coz some other babies who are older than him are taking in the same amount too. and obviously he's doing fine with this so I really should stop worrying.

Dr and I chatted about the kind of solids we have given him, and I asked him for recommendation of fm since it has been so long since he had taken fm - he gave us a tin of sample. The reason why it is advisable for babies to start solids round about the 6 month mark is because their bodies need the iron which breastmilk alone is not able to provide sufficiently. Baby cereals are often fortified with irons and the introduction of fish with red meat like salmon and tuna are good for them. FM also has the iron which breastmilk lacks. And so we went home with me thinking when I should start the fm. Well listen to this, I finally did last night! Dr said if we plan to intro fm, might be a good idea to give it for his last feed as it will probably last him longer. I was actually excited making the fm and when I offered it to B, I half expected he will cringe a little because of the taste, but NO! 不给面子, he drank like there's no difference at all. TMD. But I was actually happy. It was easier than I expected. But...... the fm did not make him fuller. He still woke for milk. Which I'm thinking could possibly be outta habit. But it's ok, in time to come I'm sure it will pass.

The funny thing happened after I pumped - as I was pouring the bm into the milk bag, I caught myself smiling. It was like telling myself I won't be doing this for long. So happy. All this while I've been persistent in pumping but it wasn't really because of the "benefits of bm".. I guess it's more of "it's what I should do for six months at least". And truth be told, as the days got along, you really will get 不舍得 as there is some kinda bond. I can't imagine mums who latch weaning off, must be worse.

The end is near.....

P/S: B's tooth is coming out! I thought I saw something underneath his swollen gums and doctor confirmed it! It's gonna be so irritatingly cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment