Monday, November 11, 2013

Sleep Deprived

Aren't we all? Before B came along, I felt sleep deprived every morning when waking up for work. But not that deprived to stop us from going to the gym, having one drink too many the night before or falling sick from it.

And then came Master B. I finally understood the real meaning of sleep deprivation. DH said he had gone through this in the army, but me? I was nearing hallucinations was it not for the adrenalin of having a new baby that kept me going.

Since then, it has been so much better. Or has it really? Whilst he used to wake every 2-3 hours for milk in the first 2-3months, he started sleeping through at 4 months but stopped one day. We kinda resigned to the fact that he will wake for a night feed, usually between 1-3am. I tell myself it's ok, I'm not working and will be happy for any opportunity for him to up his total milk intake. It's true, you just have to keep telling yourself that. -_-"

We had friends over for dinner on Saturday. It was a good catch up and I have to say I really did enjoy myself. It helped that B's bed time is 7... So we had uninterrupted "adult time" with our friends. By the time they left and we cleaned up, it was midnight. Needless to say, we felt zombiefied the next day. There we go, sleep deprivation again.

B's pd was on mc so we had to postpone the visit, and hence the introduction of fm. Funnily enough, the boobs sisters must have thought it was amusing to screw me up as the supply increased. It was enough previously despite the drop but now as B is taking in more solids, he has dropped one milk feed too. Here I am again with the same freaking dilemma of do I then continue pumping? I guess I'm about 85% sure I will stop very soon especially after enjoying the convenience of giving fm.

Whatever, I'm so tired of my fickled self. Watch this space I guess.


No comments:

Post a Comment