Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Damn You Sleep Regression

Ok pardon the title, but that's the least rude word I can associate with sleep regression for now.

Imagine this: your nearly 9 month old baby has been somewhat a good sleeper, no problem going back to sleep even after waking up in the middle of the night for feeds. Then one day, boom! He's waking a few times at night, crying, not for milk, but generally whiney and fussy. If you for one second try to put him back in the cot, he goes into a crying fit even before he touches the mattress. And for the next hour or two, nothing soothe him to sleep. That my friend, is what they call a sleep regression (damn you!).

Typically presented at 4, 6, 9, 12 months,  sleep regressions happen when babies are going through some milestones like crawling, standing, walking etc. My only consolation now? I know many mothers who are going through this phase too and driving them nuts, I'm not alone. I kept wondering if I've done something wrong, well, guess it really is a phase that I hope will pass soon.

I came across this on fb shares by my friend... Be warned. I cried so hard reading it. And it made me swear that I will not lose my cool and throw my temper at a helpless baby now.

http://mp.weixin.qq.com/mp/appmsg/show?__biz=MjM5Mzk2MTQ4MQ%3D%3D&appmsgid=10016176&itemidx=2&sign=63d9ce83d11a034b1b36e79beaf4bbc4&scene=1#wechat_redirect






No comments:

Post a Comment