Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Coincidence Much?

When I was a little kid, I had tons of weird habits. Damn it, I still do.

One of the habits stuck with me till today, and I'm kinda embarrassed to admit. So you know how babies are given their 'chou chou' or 'zai zai' to hold on to when they sleep? It's their security blanket. Well, I had mine and for some strange reasons, the corners of the pillow case appealed to me so much I had to rub it against my thumb. It brings me a strange high up till today. So much so that the balls of both my thumbs have a raised surface that resembles a corn on foot, except much smaller. These days, I make do with anything that can give me this high - pillow corners, hubby's boxer shorts, baby's shorts, my shirts, anything that is somewhat sharp to rub against with. 

Another crazy habit which I'm glad I managed to kick off eons ago was to use the sharp corners of my pillow and... wait for this.... poke the inner corner of my eyes. I know this is stupid and ridiculous. Don't ask me why, but it felt good! It probably started when I was one year, and stopped perhaps around four?

Several days ago, I was putting b to sleep. As usual, he was doing this thing in his cot - rolling, standing, fake laughing. When he was finally tired, he laid down and took the tail of his cat pillow and poked his eyes!!!! My eyes nearly popped when i saw that, but I thought, ok, maybe just this once because he went on to tickle his ears with it later. 

And it happened again the next night, and the next, and the next. And then I knew it... Bradley is as crazy as mummy!! DH was lost for words, he said bb inherited his looks and even his bad habits from me. Too funny. But I told him, he inherited his fine hair (or lack of) and snores. We're even.

This gives me a strange high too.

No comments:

Post a Comment