Monday, May 26, 2014

Bradley's Reading List

After soooo long, we finally stopped procrastinating and bought a new laptop, a MacBook no less. So here I am typing on a computer since forever. No more blogging from iPhone!

I've been meaning to write this post for the longest time, but was patiently waiting for the new orders to arrive.

When I was pregnant, I bought a few nursery rhymes books, bedtime stories and 唐诗 to read aloud every night before I go to bed. Things a FTM does. Anyway, we had a few bedtime story books ready and received a few more as gift. Here are some of Bradley's favourites:

1. The Very Hungry Caterpillar


It's the very first book we exposed him to once his day/night routine was more or less fixed, round about the 3 month mark. He likes it because he gets to flip the pages from "Monday to Friday"

2. Guess How Much I Love You & Guess How Much I Love You in the Summer



Talks about little hare and daddy hare and how much they love each other. Sweet. But B never lets me finish the book because halfway through it, he decides he wants to flip the pages.

3. Goodnight Moon



Currently his all time favourite. If he is having a tantrum in his cot during bedtime and nothing stops him, all I need to say is "Goodnight moon..... goodnight room" and he stops whatever he was doing and look at me. It is also the only book for now that he will sit through.

There are a few other Eric Carle's books like the Baby Bear, Baby Bear series that he quite enjoy too. I think its the repetition that makes the stories predictable, and hence something that he can relate better? Babies like repetition don't they? But mummy, unfortunately, don't. If reading to him is something we have to do for a long long time, then mummy gotta enjoy doing it too. I got bored from those books and can even recite some off my memories. So based off recommendations, I got a few more books at a much better deal from Books Depository. Its a UK based website, but they offer free delivery! Granted, as the books are delivered from UK, it will take a longer time to arrive. But as most of the books are considerably cheaper than what we would get off the shelves, the wait is worth it. Today, these books came in the mail:





They are look so much fun to read and I'm going to introduce them one by one. Hopefully I can stop reading Goodnight Moon soon.










No comments:

Post a Comment