Tuesday, June 17, 2014

The Sacred Sleep

Kids are really amazing, weird creatures. They give up important sacred things like sleep and food just for play. Don't they realise 10, 20 years down the road, they are so going to regret this and will start thinking "how I wish I was still a baby where I don't need to bother about having food on the table and can sleep whenever and however long I want". And when B does say that one day, I'm going to say "I told you so!".

He's been doing great lately, except I think he's transitioning to one nap now. He wakes up between 630-7am most days and occasionally between 730-8am. Usually, by 930am he will be down for his first nap without much coaxing, but of late, we see the return of the carrier because he will be pacing up and down in his cot, trying to get out. And even if I tried to put him in the carrier, he struggles and struggles until he gets his way, which is down on the floor. And only then, you will hear him laughing "yay I win".

There were a couple of days he didn't take his morning nap and slept only around 11ish, 12 and yesterday 130pm! Thankfully there wasn't any meltdown apart from slight crankiness and he did finish his lunch. I'm not sure if he is indeed transitioning to one nap or just having another phase of sleep regression, regardless, I keep telling myself to be flexible. As long as he gets a decent 1.5 hours nap during mid day, I'm not too particular about his second nap coz we can put him down for bedtime earlier. I read that it takes a few months for toddlers to make the full transition to one nap, so let's wait and see.


No comments:

Post a Comment